1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

FIXED: Random SD Card Removed Errors

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chmodx, Oct 4, 2014.

1. chmodx

chmodx Android Enthusiast

******Solution******
    I took apart my phone today. I dragged a small amount of hot glue along the corners of the connectors of the ribbon cable from the sd/sim card connector on the motherboard. Effectively bracing it down against the board now.

I'm able to smack my phone over and over against my hand and no more installing of my sd card. There was another connector that was also loose that I glued down as well.

--------
    A while back I posted about the sd card randomly being uninstalled and redetected. I always have to check my alarm settings before bed otherwise no music plays.

I've been researching elsewhere since everyone on this forum jumped my butt and blamed all of my multiple sd cards a not being genuine enough.

Turns out there's been reports the ribbon wire connecting the sd card holder occasionally is loose. I think that's my case, since I can trap the phone with my hand and watch the sd card be uninstalled and then redetected.

If anyone else is having this issue, it's likely your cause.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews