• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root FIXED!!! Titanium Backup = Force Close since update

r0ckstarr

Feb 23, 2011
Tx
Resolved: Problem has been corrected with new update.

There was an update for Titanium Backup. I am a Pro user. There was no update for the Pro key, just the application itself.

I ran and installed the update. A while later, I went to do a backup. Everytime I try to use Titanium Backup, I instantly get a Force Close error as soon as the backup process starts.

Anybody else having problems with it since the update?

Yep, reinstalled busybox. Still getting the FC's.

I checked the comments for it on the market. Seems like alot of people are going through the same thing with it and having the same Force Close problems. So, the problem is within the app itself. I guess those of us who are experiencing the issues will have to wait for an update.

Upvote 0
I was just now playing around with my Ascend (installing new apps) and I went to MY APPS in the Market (on the phone) and here two wanted to update and one was ... Titanium Backup ... so ... perhaps the errors have been fixed with this update.

BTW I only have the free version but hey it updated just now so hopefully it's error free now.

Reactions: r0ckstarr
Upvote 0
I was just now playing around with my Ascend (installing new apps) and I went to MY APPS in the Market (on the phone) and here two wanted to update and one was ... Titanium Backup ... so ... perhaps the errors have been fixed with this update.

BTW I only have the free version but hey it updated just now so hopefully it's error free now.

Thanks for the headsup. I am downloading it right now. I will report back after some testing. Again, thanks!

Edit: It's working.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones