• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fixing APN after coming back from a different ROM

As most of you probably have seen, flashing CM7 and reverting to stock gives you an error

No UIM Card, Emergency calls only...

I put an immense amount of time into this and came up with the solution.
Here are the steps...

WARNING: THIS REVERTS COMPLETELY TO STOCK AND DELETES ALL TRACES OF DATA

STEP 1) Have CWM Installed (do this with wifi through Rom Manager... this tut isn't meant for that)

STEP 2) Download the required files:

http://adf.ly/8v5PY (Stock Nandroid Backup of 2.2 neccesary to flash update)
Place in clockworkmod folder when extracted
MIRROR: stockm835.zip

Downloads - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..
IF THAT LINK DOESNT WORK, USE THESE (same thing) :
dload.7z.001 - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage
dload.7z.002 - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage
You will have to extract the dload folder using 7zip to put the two .zip files back together. (Download 7zip, install it, highlight both files and press extract)
(Update file neccesary to fix APN settings and revert completely to stock.. including recovery) Place in root of your SD card when extracted. (in dload folder)

STEP 3) Boot into recovery (Volume Up, Green Send Key, Power) and WIPE DALVIK AND FACTORY RESET AND WIPE CACHE

STEP 4) Flash nandroid backup... and boot into system. (To make sure it worked.)

STEP 5) If it worked, turn off the phone, and remove the battery.. please patiently wait five minutes.

STEP 6) Turn on phone by pressing Green Send Key, Volume DOWN, and Power until the update commences.

STEP 7) Wait until the phone completely reboots. It will flash the huawei screen more than once THIS IS NORMAL!!! When the phone is finished, it will reboot into STOCK 2.2 just like when it came out of the store, with WORKING APN setting and FIXED data, mms, sms, and voice! Enjoy!!

Reactions: Swisaiahag
Dude, please take a deep breath... In out, In out, ok.. I've updated all the links.. and I saw in another post you have straight talk, this is for Metro PCS only.. the update file won't work with Straightalk. We can help you through this problem though. That's what the forums are all about, just post more info on your problem such as

-Rooted?
-Custom Rom?
-Carrier?
-CDMA or GSM (Sim Card or No Sim Card)
-What works what doesn't?
-What have you tried doing?

I know it's crazy when you mess up someone's phone, but just calm down and I'll help you out.

EDIT: If your bro in law flashed to straightalk this will put everything back to metro, and he will have to flash again, but at least his phone will work. I tested all the links myself and they work.

Upvote 0
Dude, please take a deep breath... In out, In out, ok.. I've updated all the links.. and I saw in another post you have straight talk, this is for Metro PCS only.. the update file won't work with Straightalk. We can help you through this problem though. That's what the forums are all about, just post more info on your problem such as

-Rooted?
-Custom Rom?
-Carrier?
-CDMA or GSM (Sim Card or No Sim Card)
-What works what doesn't?
-What have you tried doing?

I know it's crazy when you mess up someone's phone, but just calm down and I'll help you out.
this is exactly what i was wondering

Upvote 0
Yes it is rooted and I installed CM7 and Mate35. CM7 didnt work with data and camera so I switched to Mate and as far as I can tell the only thing not working is the data. This phone is on straight talk service in TX and it does not have a SIM card.

Might be a ROM issue, not neccessarily a phone issue, is the phone FLASHED to Straighttalk? Sorry for all the questions

Upvote 0
This phone was bought on straight talk. Not flashef to straight talk

***** he is on clear talk not straight talk *****

You will need the APN settings for his carrier and you will also need this APP (APN Backup And Restore), which for can find in Google Play. Google around, but this will get you back up and running.

Upvote 0
My m835 is messed up from trying to install IDEOS HD rom.. I'm on Cleartalk carrier. I was able to go back to my backup, but my baseband has been changed so I have no data or MMS! I didn't know that nandroid backup wouldn't fix that! Baseband is supposed to be 22201010 but it's 2210 now. I've tried several roms including the one from the Huawei website which is a MetroPCS rom. The one I need is M835V100R001C177B622 which should get my baseband back to 22201010, but I cannot find it anywhere!! I've been searching for 3 days now, I want my data back lol.! I've emailed Huawei and let the cleartalk guys mess with my phone, but their tech guy won't be around for a while, he SUPPOSEDLY has the OEM Cleartalk rom for my phone. In the meantime if anyone can help, I'd be appreciative!

PS Tried hard reset, *228, pretty much everything I could think of and have read hundreds of threads...

Upvote 0
this is how i fix the no uim card or no sims card download black market alpha download root toolbox pro then choose reset sim card and you are done this works for me every time and i have almost every rom made for m835. you might even be able to download root toobox lite from google play and use that seeting not sure about that though but the pro version fixes it every time

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones