1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Fixing Galaxy S8 Speaker After Dropping it in Sauce

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Laurelli, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Laurelli

Laurelli Lurker

I accidentally dropped the corner of my new Galaxy S8 into some Japanese creamy sauce. It filled the holes of my speaker, and although I tried dabbing it out I am now hearing very little sound from videos, phone ringing, etc. I have NO IDEA what to do to remedy the situation. Can anyone help me?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

It should be under warranty if it's new, take it back to your carrier.
    And stay away from the Japanese creamy sauce

3. Laurelli

Laurelli Lurker

I've had it for almost two months. I know I had 30 days to return it, but I'm not sure if that is the warranty period...? I'll call Best Buy tomorrow. Anyone else?

4. Rachael Alice

Rachael Alice Member

Take your phone to customer care then they will give you some solution to solve your issue.

5. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

The phone's waterproof so try putting it in a bowl of cold water for a couple of minutes ;)

6. Laurelli

Laurelli Lurker

7. Laurelli

Laurelli Lurker

My husband had a dental "explorer" tool that he let me use to very carefully probe the speaker output openings. I was able to remove most if not all of the cream sauce! I can once again hear the beautiful audio and actually hear my phone ring! Thanks to all of you for trying to help me figure it out...I was truly sick about it, and it was nice to know there were people out there willing to try and help me. THANK YOU!

El Presidente and Dannydet like this.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews