1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

FL04 has LTE settings!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AprilThe20th, Dec 17, 2012.

1. AprilThe20th

AprilThe20th Well-Known Member

I been messing around in the ##DATA## settings and have not checked this on other JB roms but I found options for LTE....makes me wonder if this phone will actually get to use LTE from Sprint when they go full force with it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

I saw that FK23 too. I know many goodies can be made anew via firmware change. For many things as in our wonderful digital world even transceivers can have firmware that make them work. If that is the case then as long as the equipment can receive the signal then the firmware tells it how to process the signal properly. That being said, the processing speed needed to handle the signal can also be beyond the hardware's ability.

Codegerm

AprilThe20th likes this.
  3. AprilThe20th

AprilThe20th Well-Known Member

Well Thanks for adding that,now I really think it must be comeing with JB!!!

4. eisawi99

eisawi99 Well-Known Member

but will it work with boost?

5. kevincott

kevincott Android Expert

Does not matter to Sprints' SGS2.

My understanding is that we do not have LTE radios so the firmware for LTE is immaterial.

6. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

That is why is said if the hardware can receive the signal. Some (not all) equipment I have worked on/repaired had the ability to do more that their original specs from a firmware change that "teach" the component how to handle a different frequency (most things have PLL synthesized equipment and not actual crystals for their frequency reception and as such can be changed) Now don't everyone get your hopes all up though cause there is still a limit on how far something can change in this respect. (Think of it sorta like over clocking, you can't really expect to push a 800Mhz chip to 2Ghz)

Codegerm

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews