• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have seen that but even when I was on Boost and virgin mobile roms never had a problem with mobile odin. This is without editing build.prop. And from what I read that emmc brick bug has been patched so has the apk exploit to root.

I and others have ran into the mobile Odin pro not recognizing our phones until we left the Boost ROM (hopefully the dev of the app will or has adressed that issue). The emmc brick has been patched for a while now even before FL24 arrived. FL24 doesn't suffer it and phones that don't have the affected chip don't have the issue either (not all S2's have the affected chip, different production runs) the exploit is patched in FL24 and GA10, but not in the older ROMS so you can still use it on phones with older ROMs (including phones that you have taken back to an older ROM from GA10 or FL24).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones