1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Flag pictures as "favorite" or to "reject" like in Adobe Lightroom

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by firepol, Oct 17, 2014.

1. firepol

firepol Lurker

Hi there,

I spent already some time testing several "best" pictures organizers or photo viewers such as QuickPic, JustPictures etc. (the ones I found with some Google searching).

They all miss one feature I need: to flag a picture "to reject" and to flag as favorite with a simple gesture (not from the menu) (e.g. swipe up for positive/favorite, swipe down for negative/reject, or double tap to flag them, 3 taps to unflag or so...).

If you use Adobe Lightroom you already know how useful is to "flag" with the "P" (as favorite) and "X" (to reject) keys.

The feature is useful when you take many pictures of the same subject and need to go back and forward to select the best shot. You don't want to delete directly, you wanna mark many pictures as favorite and compare them later, same for the ones to reject. You mark many, you delete them all in the end without confirming to delete each one of them, but you answer only one time the "Are you sure?" question. Saves a lot of time.

Unluckily the apps I tested are all "old school"/"standard" (no fast way to mark to delete later), one must tap a top menu, then from a dropdown select "delete" and confirm each picture, or go to the gallery view and multi select the very small thumbnails from there, which is not practical at all if you need to see the full screen picture...

One app that was a bit better than the usual ones is the Sony Xperia "Album" app. It allows to select pictures from the thumbnails view and view them full screen without losing the selections when going back and forth.

But no app so far has a "flag" feature for positive(favorite)/negative(reject) like Lightroom. I've seen only "add as favorite".

Especially useful would be the ability to view (filter), in the end of the process, the flagged pictures as favorite, or the ones to reject (to delete them all at once).

I know there is Adobe Lightroom mobile, unluckily this is only for iOS.

If you know something like this please let me know.

Thank you and cheers.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download