• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

flah enabling update killed my mic???

tgreene73

Lurker
Dec 3, 2009
Hi guys,
I recently updated the ota update to 2.2 and flash works great but my phones mic is not working at all ,when I put phone on speaker the folks on the other end of the line hear me fine but when hold it and speak without speaker phone,they hear nothing, not hitting mute button by accidentcause I have tried holding phone in front of my face as well but still thy cannot hear me??any advice?? Is this happening to anyone else??

Flah? lol just kidding

anyway, i dont see how the update could cause hardware problems (besides those battery and processor related). Have you called tech support about it. I have heard about mic problems but that was before the froyo update. It could just be your droid.

EDIT: There's also the possibility of water damage. A tiny drop of water could have made its way.

Upvote 0
Hi guys,
I recently updated the ota update to 2.2 and flash works great but my phones mic is not working at all ,when I put phone on speaker the folks on the other end of the line hear me fine but when hold it and speak without speaker phone,they hear nothing, not hitting mute button by accidentcause I have tried holding phone in front of my face as well but still thy cannot hear me??any advice?? Is this happening to anyone else??

The same thing happened to my phone, but with the first 2.2 OTA update. I called Verizon and I guess this is a known problem and there is no fix. They call it "one way audio". It is a software problem that has disabled the microphone capabilities. I was sent out a replacement phone (well more like 3, but that is a whole other story).

Reactions: Thornfullessrose
Upvote 0
The same thing happened to my phone, but with the first 2.2 OTA update. I called Verizon and I guess this is a known problem and there is no fix. They call it "one way audio". It is a software problem that has disabled the microphone capabilities. I was sent out a replacement phone (well more like 3, but that is a whole other story).

WELL TIE MY FUR!!!! The software did cause the mic to quit. My bad OP, i didnt know it could effect that. you can scratch my post then. thanks BabyRN

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones