• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flash 10.1 on Froyo problems

Hello everyone. I am sorry for the first post to be a question, but I searched and couldnt find my problem. I have Froyo installed, and I have also installed flash 10.1. The problem is anytime a site loads with flash my browser dies. No warning, no pop ups, just loading, then back to home screen. Open browser back up and it goes to my homepage. I checked the settings on my flash and the cache size is 0. It will not allow me to change that. Any thoughts?

Kinda both.

Find the Flash you installed under Settings -> Applications and uninstall it.

Then do this: http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-evo-4g/141369-how-fix-froyo.html

Others have had this problem, those two steps are the only sure cure.

Kindly read through through the How-to procedure before proceeding - it may say more than you think it does if you skim quickly. Nothing at all personal, just something learned from experience with that thread.

Upvote 0
Kinda both.

Find the Flash you installed under Settings -> Applications and uninstall it.
I cant do that. All of the options are grayed out. I cant adjust it, I cant uninstall it.

Im wondering, if I download flash from adobe and transfer that to my phone if it wont automatically uninstall the existing flash. Thats what it did when I installed the crappy copy of it. Damn I miss even the crappy flash before froyo.

Upvote 0
Guys, I'm having the same problem. Any website at all that has any graphics or anything remotely using flash causes my browser to crash. Happens with skyfire and the standard browser. I can't uninstall the flash hack that I installed before because it is grayed out, and even with astro it's not letting me delete the install .apk! Please help. My phone is freaking almost useless right now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones