1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Flash 10.1 vs flash lite

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by arnabmandal007, Feb 27, 2011.

1. arnabmandal007

Can anyone tell me whats the difference between flash 10.1 and flash lite?..What does it really help?....

2. weaselaow

weaselaow Member

Lite have smaller hardware requirement

3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Flash Lite is an old out-dated "small" version of Flash that didnt support all the features of the full player. It was last released in 2007? or 2008 I think?

10.1 and 10.2 are the latest full Flash versions that run all the features and have the best performance. They also now run on mobile devices making Flash Lite obsolete.

arnabmandal007 likes this.
  4. arnabmandal007

@alostpacket
    Thanks....So is flash lite able to stream videos directly?..Will flash lite work on samsung galaxy ace s5830?

5. alostpacket

It may work with some videos but I think you'll find it frustrating...

According to this: Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - Full phone specifications

Your phone has Android 2.2? if that's correct you should be able to download flash 10.1 from the market which would work better.

6. arnabmandal007

@alostpacket
    Yes ace has 2.2 froyo but as per reviews it says that flash 10.1 will not work because of hardware limitations.Actually am planning to buy this phn..Can u give me any idea of some other good phns of this range?

7. arnabmandal007

@alostpacket
    Yes ace has 2.2 froyo but as per reviews it says that flash 10.1 will not work because of hardware limitations.Actually am planning to buy this phn..Can u give me any idea of some other good phns of this range?....

8. alostpacket

What's your price range/carrier requirements/country you live in?

Personally I love the stock HTC phones like the Nexus One or the G2. You have to be an Android dev to get the Nexus One though.

HTC is by far the best at upgrading the OS. Motorola is good at upgrading their flagship phones. Samsung has a bad reputation for hardware and upgrades, though probably not as bad as Sony.

But these are all just my opinions -- I'm sure you'll find 10000 other opinions just reading this forum, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

9. arnabmandal007

@alostpacket
    I live in india.And i am going to buy a phn within rs. 15000.I have shortlisted htc wildfire,samsung galaxy 3,samsung galaxy ace,sony xperia x8..Which one should i go for?..Am new to android.So a little bit of help plz. :)..(Actualy am also a lover of htc but i was backing down when i heard it has bad after sales service in india)....

10. alostpacket

If you can save up a bit more money I would go for a higher end phone than any of those. The thing about phones is, you want to get a good one so it lasts a good long while, if you go cheap you'll be frustrated for a long time until you can replace it.

Ask some other people in the Android lounge forum too, they may know more about those phones. Good luck!

arnabmandal007 likes this.