• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flash a new ROM

My main reason for rooting and applying new ROMs was to try and improve battery life, because I was getting annoyed that my battery could die inbetween me getting up and going to bed even with just a moderate amount of GPS use in the daytime. I tried CM7 to start with, but suffered force closes quite a bit and thought I should try some other ROMs anyway. Then I tried RCMix Energized, which looked good, but didn't seem to help the battery situation. I'm now on Oxygen and although it's very basic, it still has all the features I need and there also appears to have been an improvement in battery life, but I've only had it on for a few days. So far though it's looking hopeful.

It's dead easy to try a new ROM as long as you backup your old one before you do so, as you can just reflash the backup and get back to exactly where you were before.

Upvote 0
My main reason for rooting and applying new ROMs was to try and improve battery life, because I was getting annoyed that my battery could die inbetween me getting up and going to bed even with just a moderate amount of GPS use in the daytime. I tried CM7 to start with, but suffered force closes quite a bit and thought I should try some other ROMs anyway. Then I tried RCMix Energized, which looked good, but didn't seem to help the battery situation. I'm now on Oxygen and although it's very basic, it still has all the features I need and there also appears to have been an improvement in battery life, but I've only had it on for a few days. So far though it's looking hopeful.

It's dead easy to try a new ROM as long as you backup your old one before you do so, as you can just reflash the backup and get back to exactly where you were before.

How do i flash a ROM? And backup my current one?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones