1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Flash back to 2.1 failed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crboone, Aug 31, 2010.

1. crboone

crboone Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    USA
    Well, I decided to go ahead and flash back to 2.1. Now all my phone does is go back and forth from "Droid" to the eye over and over again. I have to pull the battery to stop it. The flash process seemed to go smoothly until the phone booted up. RSDLite had said to manually start the phone, but it had already booted on its own. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Advertisement

2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    Did you delete the cache before flashing?

A battery pull might might be indicated.

3. crboone

Aug 16, 2010
    USA
    Yes, I did both a data wipe and deleted the cache. After pulling the battery I got the same result. Do I need to rerun the flash?

4. crboone

Aug 16, 2010
    USA
    :( Ugh! I can't believe I didn't see the "HOW TO" thread right below mine where I can post problems. Sorry! I'll post there instead. Mods please feel free to delete this.

5. mwm523

mwm523 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Pull the battery, reboot into recovery, and do another wipe data/factory reset. That should fix your problem.

6. crboone

Aug 16, 2010
    USA
    Yes it sure did, thanks. Had I seen the 2.1 thread I would have found it quickly. I had previously saved 2 sets of instructions (which I used to flash the phone), neither of which mentioned having to do that after-the-fact.

Thanks again -- and to everyone who spent time giving these instructions and helping the rest of us through it. With sites like this, Moto, HTC, etc need not worry as much about costly troubleshooting & needless returns.