• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Upvote 0
I would very much like to see these reports of different carriers with differing models of the i9000.

At least we know the 16GB monopoly is not just going to carriers but now also to SIM Free as well
Buy Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (16GB, SIM Free/Unlocked) Reviews

However, what is of further interest is if you look at that web page and scroll down to where it mentions 'Video' it then says "LED Video Light"

Maybe it's the 16GB model that has an LED light? :)

Upvote 0
However, what is of further interest is if you look at that web page and scroll down to where it mentions 'Video' it then says "LED Video Light"

Maybe it's the 16GB model that has an LED light? :)

I very much doubt theres a LED on any model, Expansys.co.uk did have it down as having a LED but they've since updated that to say it does'nt.

The same with the Vodafone website who are getting the 16GB model exclusively in the UK and they also say it does'nt have a LED.

Upvote 0
I very much doubt theres a LED on any model, Expansys.co.uk did have it down as having a LED but they've since updated that to say it does'nt.

The same with the Vodafone website who are getting the 16GB model exclusively in the UK and they also say it doesn't have a LED.

Okay,
I sent handtec a query on this asking them to provide prooof to their claim that the i9000 does indeed have an LED Flash.
They sent me the following reply (see below) and an attachment (which I have added here).

Also I asked on a question of the Video supporting an LED light as this is also mentioned by handtec in the i9000's specification list. See the answer to that as well in the reply.

Message Received from handtec ~ Thursday 27th May 2010

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Thanks for your email,

We have had this query once already today so it seems to be cause of great debate as you have mentioned, we have been doing our research to ensure you receive the correct information, and in response to this i can confirm the Samsung I9000 does have an LED Flash, however in regards to the video light we cannot confirm this until the device has been released and tested.

I am very sorry i could not answer your question at this current time however as soon as we have the item we will be more than happy to test this out for you, in the meantime the only information we have managed to obtain from our sources is shown on the attached file.

The above information is pretty much the only info we have on this, and very little concrete evidence of the Video LED is available, once we receive stock we will of course validate this and ensure the site is updated accordingly.

Please advise if we can assist you further?

Kind regards.
Customer Service 803

Telephone 0845 644 7727
Web www.handtec.co.uk
Online Live Support Online

GPSK Ltd
64-66 Werrington Business Centre
Papyrus road
Peterborough
PE4 5BH
[/FONT]

Attachments

• Samsung i9000 Galaxy S - LED confirmation - GPSK1.pdf
    107.6 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: elchingon666
Upvote 0
Hmm i guess we will see but if it does have a flash how comes vodafone are saying it does'nt and why would they add a flash to the 16gb model and not the 8gb model that does'nt really make sense .

Already answered.

I've seen multiple reports now that there will be a few versions of the Galaxy-S out there, customized for each carrier. Some with an LED flash, some without.

Upvote 0
Okay,
I sent handtec a query on this asking them to provide prooof to their claim that the i9000 does indeed have an LED Flash.
They sent me the following reply (see below) and an attachment (which I have added here).

Also I asked on a question of the Video supporting an LED light as this is also mentioned by handtec in the i9000's specification list. See the answer to that as well in the reply.

Message Received from handtec ~ Thursday 27th May 2010

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Thanks for your email,

We have had this query once already today so it seems to be cause of great debate as you have mentioned, we have been doing our research to ensure you receive the correct information, and in response to this i can confirm the Samsung I9000 does have an LED Flash, however in regards to the video light we cannot confirm this until the device has been released and tested.

I am very sorry i could not answer your question at this current time however as soon as we have the item we will be more than happy to test this out for you, in the meantime the only information we have managed to obtain from our sources is shown on the attached file.

The above information is pretty much the only info we have on this, and very little concrete evidence of the Video LED is available, once we receive stock we will of course validate this and ensure the site is updated accordingly.

Please advise if we can assist you further?

Kind regards.
Customer Service 803

Telephone 0845 644 7727
Web www.handtec.co.uk
Online Live Support Online

GPSK Ltd
64-66 Werrington Business Centre
Papyrus road
Peterborough
PE4 5BH
[/FONT]

This person is getting the LED flash and video light confused. He/she doesnt know what they are talking about. He/she might be thinking LED flash as the Super AMOLED.

I highly doubt the Galaxy S has a video light/LED Flash.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones