• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flash Droid X to cricket

I used that same site when I flashed my X to cricket on the $45 plan. It works well except I haven't been able to get mms working.

I wanted to go with the $55 android plan since it's easier to configure and more reliable (since it's going direct to the web isntead of having to route everything thru the proxy) but cricket wouldn't allow me to put my phone on that plan.

Upvote 0
ok so i have the huawei ascend and ive done the custom rom icarusmod and other things like root and all but ive been stumped id say lol on this droid x and i cant figure out one simple thing.. how to flash it to cricket. ive searched the forum and others on how to do it and a couple seem very simple but what i cant figure out is really just the concept of how without seeing it first.. am i makeing any sence lol. so because of this i had to pay for it to be done and i found that if in any way i do a factory reset it deletes the flash. so. simply here is what im asking.
1. can you assist me in figureing a way to do the "surgery" on my droid x with a tad bit more "video" help or even more dramatic instructions on what i do and exactly what programs i need. i have most of the main things like prl(need a cricket evdo prl) and other things but i in reality dont want to brick it if i have to do a custom rom i have no way to do it because it would reset the phone and here comes the best part. i cant do the flash lol so if you can i would greatly appritiate some help. thank-you

Upvote 0
i have the original droid flashed to cricket and everything works great ,just like as if i was with Verizon,EXCEPT one thing. If you are into the downloading songs ,watching videos,or playing games,then you are going to
be in trouble quick.what i mean is this, All phone carriers offer the unlimitted web service and the fine print is that your data usage is not unlimited,with Verizon and most other carriers you have 5gigs a pay cycle,with cricket you only get 1gig,1gig is nothing and it will go fast and you wont be a ble to watch any videos your 3g will turn to 1g, like dial up,slow slow. thats why cricket is so cheap,your data usage per cycle is so low that you will run out.if i could i would drop cricket just for that reason ,the extra money is worth it to me:mad:

Upvote 0
does anyone know if the droid x works on crickets chicago network??????

and if so how or where can i get it flashed?

Ascend posted the link for you to do it yourself or else you have to find someone to do it for you. I flash however, many people can get it done on their own.

We've heard a lot of positive feedback about flashing them in Chicago...

I posted movies to the page today...

[How To] Flash MOTOROLA DROID X to Cricket 2.2 Froyo Talk, Text, MMS, Internet

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So I used to have an LG Vortex, which I flashed to Cricket, without any data plan. I just used it for texting and calling (To get online, I used Wifi) and am/was paying 25$ a month. Recently I broke it, but I want a bigger touchscreen phone, and was considering the Droid X or a 3G phone in general; but not too long ago, I tried this with a 4G Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere (I bought one from craigslist for 70$.. Which was complete BS.) I walked into the Cricket store to flash it, so I could continue my current plan (Just text and call) but they said that I couldn't, if I didn't put it on a data plan (Which out of the plans, 45$ is the lowest.) I guess what I'm saying is, can I do what I did with my Vortex, with an X? If not, does anyone know of good phones, (just touch screen phones) Non-4G/Smartphones that are compatible to this setting? I don't need network/data/etc. I just want a touchscreen phone that I can freely text and call with. I currently have a flip phone to replace usage of my Vortex, in which I can use this setting. But it's becoming obsolete and a tad embarrassing. I really need answers, I've been googling this all day, and yet I can't get a straight forward answer, even when I type specifically (TEXT and CALL only) it still brings up data plans. Bottom line, I need a listing of phones that can be flashed to Cricket, without it being mandatory that I have an internet/data plan. PLEASE HELP!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones