1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

flash european software?

Discussion in 'Android Rooting' started by reido200, Apr 11, 2016.

1. reido200

reido200 Lurker
    None

Apr 11, 2016
    Hey guys, apologies if this has been asked before or if this is a silly question.

I recently bought an Asian Lg G3 d855. The software version is D85510e-GLOBAL-COM.

The phone is working fine apart from not having any 4g connectivity. I have went into settings and tried to change to GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto but it doesn't connect to 4g and switches back to GSM/WCDMA auto as soon as I exit the screen.

I have also went into the hidden menu, to LTE ONLY, RAT selection and tried to change it there but still no 4g. If I choose "LTE only" I lose my signal completely.

I have also went into band selection and chosen band 20, as this is the LTE band for my network in the UK (O2). It says success when I click on it but still no 4g.

My question is, is it possible to flash a European software version and would this enable the 4g?

Or is there any other way to enable 4g on this phone?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    It's got an Asian version radio in it, which lacks certain European 4G LTE bands. I don't think that flashing software can fix that. 4G B20 is not used in places like Hong Kong, Mainland PRC, Singapore, Malaysia, etc. You might be able to select 4G LTE in the service menu, but as soon as it doesn't find any 4G service, it's going to drop back to 3G and 2G. And forcing it to 4G LTE only, will give you nothing.

O2 in the UK is 4G B20 only AFAICT. Might work with EE or 3 for 4G though.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks_in_Europe
    http://willmyphonework.net/

#2 mikedt, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016