1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Flash for HTC Hero

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by russellh, Oct 25, 2009.

1. russellh

russellh New Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Hi there, New to this forum and this is my first post.

A question which I hope the Android Massive can help me with. Loving the HTC Hero experience, but every time I try to run an embedded video (as in BBN Website for example) via the browser, I am told I do not have the correct version of the flash player.

When I follow the link to download the correct version, it first assumes that I should download Adobe Flash v.10.0.32.18 for Linux. Assuming this is not correct for Android on the Hero, I then go to the link for a different OS or browser, and I only see options for Windows, Mac, Linux or Solaris - nothing appropriate for Android?

Is this lack of flash support something with which I have to live, or are there any ways in which I can install appropriate flash support? Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

I suggest you try the Hero forums with your question ....
    but i believe that Flash is not supported even in the Hero at this time .... But have read the Adobe is working on it ... not firm time frame that i am aware of ...

3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Welcome! :D

4. russellh

russellh New Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Thanks to all, both for the helpful tip and the greetings to the forum! Will look out for news as regards Flash development for Hero.

5. tallelf78

tallelf78 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
Tags: