1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

flash htc hero to boost

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blackcard, Sep 9, 2011.

1. blackcard

blackcard Lurker
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    i am new to the site been looking around and i think im suffering form information overload so here's my question i have a htc hero i want to flash to boost mobile. im not sure of the right term if my trying to flash or root so here's the end result i want

• new os that allows "live screensaver and background" runs faster and smoother
    • switch over to boost mobile from sprint, i have a blackberry account with boost mobile right now.
    • and if possible hack or change the splash screen i would like to but a custom logo there instead.
    if i can atleast get the first 2 bullets down i would be very grateful. thank anyone and everyone way in advance

Advertisement

2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    Thread moved to the root section. I am not really familiar with flashing to other carriers.

You can root your Sprint HTC Hero and flash an Android 2.2 or Android 2.3 ROM to get Live Wallpapers and better performance. There are plenty of guides for that in our root section, so do a search for detailed instructions. The fast way would be to use Z4Root to root your handset. You will then need to flash a recovery and select the ROM you want to flash.

3. blackcard

blackcard Lurker
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    "You will then need to flash a recovery and select the ROM you want to flash"

ok dumb that down for me, i have z4root now

4. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    After you root via Z4Root, go into the Android Market and download ROM Manager. Once you open ROM Manager up, there is an option on the top to flash that ClockworkMod Recovery, so tap that.

You will need to select a custom ROM to flash via recovery and I would suggest CyanogenMod 7.1 which can be found here: http://download.cyanogenmod.com/get/cm_heroc_full-176.zip . You will also need to flash the Google Apps, also called GApps, which can be found here: http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip . Be sure to make a Nandroid backup before flashing anything new. You will also have to wipe data, cache, Dalvik cache, and format boot, cache, data, and system. I would suggest reading some more detailed instructions. What I have provided above is very basic information.

Tags: