• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flash light not turning on

noor1

Lurker
Oct 24, 2017
I have J2 (2016) in which I am facing two issues.
1. Flash light is not turning on.
2. Camera failed.
Now I want to know about how can I fix it.
I followed some suggested post and updated device's firmware. But the problem not fixed.
I attached the screenshots.
Hoping a quick response. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-20171024-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20171024-WA0001.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20171025-063107.png
    Screenshot_20171025-063107.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 92
Hey there! Welcome to the forums!
So before the firmware update, and again afterwards, you still have the same issue?

I would try 2 things.
Go into your camera app via the "manage applications" setting, force stop it, and clear out the data and cache.

Secondly, to rule out the torch issue, download a flashlight app such as Tesla Flashlight:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.flashlight

it has the bare minimum of permissions (be careful of other flashlight apps with outlandish permissions)., just to see if the torch works.

Reactions: noor1 and lunatic59
Upvote 0
Hey there! Welcome to the forums!
So before the firmware update, and again afterwards, you still have the same issue?
I would try 2 things.
Go into your camera app via the 'manage applications' setting, force stop it, and clear out the data and cache.
Secondly, to rule out the torch issue, download a flashlight app such as Tesla Flashlight:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.flashlight
it has the bare minimum of permissions (be careful of other flashlight apps with outlandish permissions)., just to see if the torch works.
Yes after firmware update still I m facing the camera fail issue.
And the link you provide is not valid. ... showing 'file not found. ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones