1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Flash not working in manually updated 2.2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rival22, Aug 31, 2010.

1. rival22

rival22 Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Anyone else having this issue?

No matter what web page I've tried, I get some form of an error message that I don't have a high enough version of adobe flash to play the video.

I've tried updating flash (v10.1.92.8) and didn't have any better luck so I reverted to the version on the phone. Any advice?

Advertisement

2. aero522

aero522 Member

Jul 23, 2010
    mine working fine...seen some issues with other people but i personally dont have this problem.

3. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    CRNA
    Tennessee
    I have the manual update from earlier today. What is a good way to check (website suggestion)?

4. atrain311

atrain311 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Male
    1st-grade Teacher & Adjunct Professor
    Queensbury, NY
    Bump

5. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    So you have successfully installed the latest version Flash v10.1.92.8? And with that version, sites failed to view properly?

I had a problem where 2.2 did NOT update my Adobe Flash....all Flash wouldn't view properly. I had to manually update to v10.1.92.8 using an APK I found on XDA forums. Afterwords, everything worked great.

Hope that helps

6. rival22

rival22 Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Ok... thinking about it this morning got me going in the right direction.

I re-installed the update, but it still didn't work. But it seemed more like a browser plugin issue than anything else, so I started looking at the stock browser settings.

For some reason plugins were disabled, and once I changed that setting, everything worked (although some flash videos were choppy, but that's probably just a network thing).

Now that that is fixed (and it wasn't even really a froyo issue), I'm a big fan of this update!

7. emmur0

emmur0 Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    MA
    I downloaded the APK from XDA and still can't tell if Flash is working properly. Does anyone know where I can test that Flash works?

8. Vaseline Smith

Vaseline Smith Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    Pr0nz?!

But seriously though go to the desktop youtube site.

9. PearlRose

PearlRose Well-Known Member

crunchyroll.com is where I tested mine. With Flash Lite, the advertisement videos would play but it would freeze when it was time for the actual episodes to launch.

Now I can watch them completely since I did the update.zip
    Just annoyed Skype keeps launching itself...