• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flash Player not working in Chrome

DROZ

Apr 3, 2012
When using the chrome beta, whenever I try to watch a flash video, it says that I have not downloaded the flash player plugin. I have the latest version of flash player and it works fine on the default browser. Does anyone else have this problem?

I have the same problem and chrom is not in beta anymore. Google really needs to fix this problem.

They have...:)
Chrome does not now & never will support flash on android
Jelly Bean does not support new installations of Flash & Chrome is the stock browser on JB
Adobe & Android are no,longer supporting Flash from JB onwards

Flash is effectively dead in the water & will be superceded by HTML5

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
This is KILLING US! We aren't techies and bought a Tab 2 specifically so my partner could show off her site design work (in flash) to clients.

Now apparently that is not possible - there must be some form of cheat around this right? Old versions of chrome or something??

Severely unimpressed with this as we had asked several sellers whether the Tab 2 would support flash player before making the purchase. Now we are in another country and can't return it.

Can someone here help us out please??

Thanks, Matt

Upvote 0
Repost from earlier thread hope this helps....

I did it and I'm no expert...

You can imagine how upset i also was when i just bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and it didnt have Flash Player which is one of the main reasons why i bought it over ipad. I saw red. Then into google searches..after many many days and hours of frustration, almost giving up, and then SUCCESS! If i can do this so can you... I'm spelling it out below in simple terms...which is basically what everyone else here is saying...

Ok
1. Make sure you select in your Setting, under Security..'unknown sources'
2. Then ensure you insert a MICROSD card in the slot at the top of ur tab. I used a 1 GB...helps if its not full if you take it from another device.
3. Then....Click on this link below which is the apk file of flash player....and save it to the 'sdcard' and not the extsdcard...samsung have a weird way of naming different memory

4. On the right hand bottom of ur Samsung Tab screen click onto the file once downloaded (where the battery symbol is ..click it).
5. It will ask you to install it....youre in business! (just make sure its saved on the sdcard)

If you want to check that Flash Player is installed..go to Settings, Applications, Running.... it should be there :)

Cheers
Ps you dont need any fancy browsers...i just used the standard one which came with the tab. Sorry couldnt post the link as im a newbie...but u can find it in other posts in this forum..like 'flash for samsung tab 2'..in search

Reactions: Rick60
Upvote 0
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47261719/Flash Player 11 1 115 12.apk

this one worked on my standard android browser...

the only reason its not pre-installed on the tab is that adobe has stopped support for 4.0 and above devices and removed it from play store.

tab 2 still supports it but Samsung has left the option for the users to install it as flash player is a thing of the past.

google chrome for android doesn't support it so don't bother to try it out on chrome.

Reactions: Rick60 and babyfal
Upvote 0
They have...:)
Chrome does not now & never will support flash on android
Jelly Bean does not support new installations of Flash & Chrome is the stock browser on JB
Adobe & Android are no,longer supporting Flash from JB onwards

Flash is effectively dead in the water & will be superceded by HTML5
ur right.... FALSH NO MORE SUPPORTED...i have ICS latest version and flash aint workin . :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones