1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Flash player on default browser

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thicks56, Jun 7, 2014.

1. thicks56

thicks56 Android Enthusiast

Ok what's the deal with flash on the HTC default browser?

I can't get it to work and can't find the enable flash player button like on the HTC one x

From what I've read flash Will work on the other browsers like chrome and dolphin but I really like the HTC browser especially with the new Labs shortcuts.

Any ideas?

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

It is doubtful. Ever since JB (or ICS, don't recall), Flash was killed in default browsers.
    I know there's a way to sideload it for Firefox (and perhaps others), but I haven't bothered in quite some time.

3. treerootz

treerootz Lurker

From what I've read online there is no way to get flash working on the default browser called 'internet'. I got flash to work but I'm using the Firefox browser so I'm not sure if that helps you out. If you're interested in using Firefox with flash, then download Firefox from the play store and then type in 'Adobe flash player android archive' into your favorite search engine, search for the link with Adobe's flash player archive and click the apk file that is the most up to date. it should down and install like any other apk file. I had to reboot my phone after I installed flash to get it working in my Firefox browser but after that it was smooth sailing.

4. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

i use dolphin browser. it will play flash videos without side loading flash.

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews