• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help flash player question

tcovil

Dec 5, 2010
Ok I am a real newbie when it comes to smartphones and android. Just recently bought my first one in the Ally. I'm a sports junkie who likes to watch or listen to college football and I noticed on many sites they tell me to download the flash player for the content to work.

This is where I get confused. I can download the flash file but I don't know how to install after that. I've only so far installed apps from the Market and they install automatically. So what is the process in Android and the Ally specifically to download and install a non-Market app thru my browser? Thanks in advance for your patience with my ignorance...

Ah thanks flick. For some reason I thought that was the benefit with android. I knew the iphone didn't have flash but I thought android 2.1 did. That's a serious limitation. Will there be any way with 2.2 to get around adobe lack of support via some other kind of flash player? And I still have the general question of how to install a non market app...

Upvote 0
I also use Skyfire to watch sports on my phone, the quality is almost always at least watchable (especially so on wifi, and I use sites like ATDHE.net and myp2p.eu (look in their forums for stream links). About half of the streams on myp2p.eu need software such as Veetle or Sopcast in order to watch the streams, but many are just straight-up flash streams that work well with Skyfire. Hope that works for you!

Upvote 0
I also use Skyfire to watch sports on my phone, the quality is almost always at least watchable (especially so on wifi, and I use sites like ATDHE.net and myp2p.eu (look in their forums for stream links). About half of the streams on myp2p.eu need software such as Veetle or Sopcast in order to watch the streams, but many are just straight-up flash streams that work well with Skyfire. Hope that works for you!

is Skyfire available to download in the Market?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones