1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Flash player

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pr1uk, Nov 4, 2009.

1. pr1uk

pr1uk New Member

Sep 16, 2009
    I have a Samsung i7500 and have downloaded the android flash player yet when i use an internet site that uses flash to play something it still will not play.
    Got a HTC Hero (G2) from T-Mobile as an upgrade now that model already as a flash player downloaded to it and on this model if you go to a site that needs flash it plays it no worries.
    Question if i have download the flash player onto my i7500 then why will it not play things when i browse on them just like the G2 does.

I slightly prefer the i7500 but i need the flash player working within the browser any thoughts on this one.

Thank you

Advertisement

2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Hi Pr1uk :)

I assume you downloaded an app called "Android7 Flash player" off the Market? Well Unfortunately it is not real flash at all and if you have a look at comments theirs plenty of complaints. Android users should hopefully receive real Flash in Q2 of 2010 and I would say it is safe to assume it is free compared to this Rip-off app.

The reason it works on the Hero is because the Hero / G2 does have flash lite built it :) No other Android Device has it I beleive.

So to sum it up , We will have to wait to have Flash working on our phones. I can't wait until we get it! More features and possibly games could even be developed and played in Flash!

Carl

3. pr1uk

pr1uk New Member

Sep 16, 2009

Thank you Carl question answered yes i downloaded the so called flash player what crap. I can see why HTC Hero as done a deal with the writer of the version they are using for me having a built in flash player is a big plus. I still think the i7500 is a little bit a head of the Hero but i will keep the Hero as once you have a working flash player you cannot go back.
    I just hope that a version is added on line for all phone ASAP.
    Cheers
    Peter

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    No Problem peter :D

You and thousands of others waiting for flash ASAP :p Hopefully that app will be ripped from the Market soon... It's obviously some sort of scam going by all the comments :eek:

Carl C ;)