1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Flash player

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GRANDAD, Jan 7, 2012.

1. GRANDAD

GRANDAD Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    Hi, im new here and was bought a Samsung galaxy y for christmas, not bad as im still in the days of the sl;ide rule and string with two cans.
    Question please -- I can connect via wifi no problem but some sites state that i need a FLASH PLAYER. I have been back to the CARPHONE W/H to ask the question re this. They say i need Flash player 10.1 ?, is this correct and if so how do i - A, find it - B, install it.
    Have other members had or have the same problem and just how do you resolve it, if its possable.
    Thanking you in anticipation.:mad:

Advertisement

2. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    New England
    Hey GRANDAD, the latest version of Flash is here, but your Galaxy Y isn't supported because it requires an "ARMv7" or later CPU while the Galaxy Y's is based on ARMv6.

There is another thread about it, but apparently the older version of Flash they linked to is no longer there. And honestly, I wouldn't recommend installing any apps from random places on the web -- that's why your phone comes preconfigured to only allow installing from the Android market.

If what you want to do is play audio and video files from the web, you might find something here that will do the job. Sorry I don't know a better solution for you.

GRANDAD likes this.
  3. GRANDAD

GRANDAD Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    Many thanks for your reply--looks like ive been given duff info. I can run video ect from youtube but not TV channels ect. PS im not a youtube fan albeit there is some go info on there.
    Regards.

4. Mahyi

Mahyi Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    Supervisor
    Taguig City
    i cant install any games in my phone in the web of galaxyy.tk and even a flash player. what should i do?