• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flash Question

my1zamboni

Apr 18, 2010
maine
This may be a stupid question, but I have seen a lot of talk about loading different custom kernels and it says to "flash" (***MUST FLASH DE03.TAR AND RECOVERY FROM SPRINT UPDATER***) would that be the same as putting this SPH-M900_MR2_DE03_REL_1-joeykrim-recovery-2.1.3.tar on your SD card (same as you would a kernel) then enter recovery (vol down + talk + Power) and picking it as a zip to use?
I would like to try and change kernels to some pre made I saw on the sdx site but want to make sure I do it correct.
Thank you in advance for your help.

i used these instructions. Official Android DE03 2.1 with SDX custom recovery and BEYOND!
it was very easy. DL the joeykrim recovery and the updater from the links on this page. go into the binary file, replace the zip there witht he DLed joeykrim and then run the updater as normal. poof you are rooted. then install any custom ROM with the vol down talk end key method that you already seem to be farmiliar with.

Reactions: my1zamboni
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones