• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flash sites to look forward to???

Espn, espn360,nfl, nfl network, nfl field pass, knbr, 104.5 nashville sports, espn radio. ......so on and so. But like fab said, its gonna b a while its like imagining what's under the tree in october. Let's get through halloween first. When 2.1 comes (which may be feb before it gets pushed by moto or verizon) its probably going to incorporate software changed to prepare for it (flash) when it is finally released from adobe. They are doing the right thing takin there time to fix all issues on all the platforms b4 it gets released. Last thing u want is a bunch of ppl complaining about flash is freezing or causing fcs. Calm down on the excitment just a bit.

Upvote 0
Here, I corrected your question.

There is no flash support in Android 2.1! Why do people keep thinking that Flash support is coming in the update?

It's NOT!

Flash will be released by Adobe when it's done.

It is amazing how people don't read, I think this has been posted so many times, and cant believe i am posting to this. READ people, please.

Upvote 0
Well i was about to get a droid till the nexus came about. Im getting that, its more sleek, slimmer and lighter than all that metal on the droid. You arnt missing anything from droids keyboard, seriously the keys are so flush and flat you cant type as fast as say a blackberry. most people i know with droids end up using the onscreen keyboard anyway. The faster processor on the nexus is another plus the screen size and resolution is the same...Nexus all day.

Upvote 0
Hulu blocked access from the ps3 so im pretty sure they will block access for smartphones. Of course I could be wrong, It's been awhile since I have tried Hulu on the ps3. It sucked because Hulu rocked on the ps3.

I'm looking forward to the IGN.com video page and a netflix app would be nice. I'm not sure if that uses flash or not.

Upvote 0
Well i was about to get a droid till the nexus came about. Im getting that, its more sleek, slimmer and lighter than all that metal on the droid. You arnt missing anything from droids keyboard, seriously the keys are so flush and flat you cant type as fast as say a blackberry. most people i know with droids end up using the onscreen keyboard anyway. The faster processor on the nexus is another plus the screen size and resolution is the same...Nexus all day.
hey buzz kill i think this discussion was what flash site you looking forward to, not why i think the nexus is better then the droid. Look I am glad you are getting you a nexus and i hope you enjoy it, but some of us may prefer the droid over the htc nexus one. Its all in preference, I actually want a keyboard so the nexus is out of discussion. Having the iphone before, which probably has the best touch screen keyboard to date, I type better on my droid keyboard then on my iphone screen. And if my hands are a little dirty from work I would rather type on a keyboard then a screen.......but again to each his/her own. Enjoy your phone and lets just hold off on my phone is better then your ok....:cool:

Upvote 0
Hulu blocked access from the ps3 so im pretty sure they will block access for smartphones. Of course I could be wrong, It's been awhile since I have tried Hulu on the ps3. It sucked because Hulu rocked on the ps3...

I don't think access is "blocked" so much as the version of Flash is not supported by the version running on the phone. I get prompted for an upgrade "now", when trying to connect via my n900. The site itself renders perfectly, though a little slow, but video just returns a request to update Flash. The extreme amount of lag, and audio being out of sync (though audio played in real time) made watching impossible.

I hope you guys get a hardware optimized version.

Upvote 0
While its true flash is still in beta, once it is done it is going to be an ota update for Droid. This was confirmed by several people in the moto Booth. I am going to try to get some hands on tomorrow and ill give my impressions.

As to what I am most looking forward to wit flash? Well if the hints and rumors turn out true, it will be the android slingbox client...

Upvote 0
I don't think access is "blocked" so much as the version of Flash is not supported by the version running on the phone. I get prompted for an upgrade "now", when trying to connect via my n900. The site itself renders perfectly, though a little slow, but video just returns a request to update Flash. The extreme amount of lag, and audio being out of sync (though audio played in real time) made watching impossible.

I hope you guys get a hardware optimized version.

The only way that hulu would know how to block a phone is by the user agent string sent by the browser and / or flash itself. The browser part is easy to circumvent but I can't think of a way to get around flash reporting the user's OS. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones