1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Flash to gingerbread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rayprobg, Feb 11, 2011.

1. rayprobg

rayprobg Lurker

Is there anyone out there who knows to to do this? I am rooted and don't really feel like waiting any longer for gingerbread. I know people out there have it on their phones already because of custom roms and whatnot but I am for the most part a complete amateur when it comes to the android OS. If someone can post a step by step set of instructions, or a link, or anything that can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement

2. telemike

telemike Well-Known Member

Not yet. There are roms over at android central

3. Kmfiremedic111

Kmfiremedic111 Well-Known Member

Why flash to it? Give it time and we will get it. What is so better on 2.3 that people are wanting it now. Can anyone tell me what is different on 2.3?

4. vapore0n

vapore0n Newbie

A lot of the new features are hardware related, so they wouldnt apply to us.
    So a lot of good features, but I dont find myself not sleeping at night over them.

Hey, at least we dont own Sony, which delivered phones with 1.6 while 2.2 was already shipping.

5. Ma}{imus

Ma}{imus Well-Known Member

There is a beta gingerbread ROM running CM7. Look here.

**Update** Just to clarify, this ROM is not yet fully functional, but if you want to get a taste of gingerbread (pun intended) you can try it out.