• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flash Warm twopointtwo issues

I am have issue flashing warms twopointtwo rom to my Dinc. I get an error message saying:

Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by google in android 1.5
it was necessary to remove it when upgradeing to the clockworkMod 3.0 gingerbread based recovery.
Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update- binary) to create working update zip package.

Now I have heard of the binary before for computers, but how can I update the script/binary so I can flash the rom

ok still no luck. I have 3.0.0.8 clockwork. i do not no if the version of tpt is for clockwork 3.x . all i know is it used AFV and the hex# is 989c5ecdd0dc296953ffa3cac3e390b6. if this is not the right file then I do not know what to do. on the dev site there is no listing for works with clock 2.5.x.x or 3.x. All I see is download file and host file.

Upvote 0
my apologies,you must be trying to flash this rom: [ROM] Myn's Warm TwoPointTwo By Incubus26Jc [RLS5.3][2/9/2011] Browser\Hosts Update - xda-developers wich does in fact only list the one download.

you can try flashing the alternate recovery(RA_GNM) in rom manager and using that. if it fails the first time,there is an option to toggle the signiture verification off. try it again after doing that.

if you get a bootloop,or hangup at the HTC screen, then you might need to use an older clockwork. you can download a 2.5.x.x recovery from doug pistons site and install it thru hboot.

just make sure that you make a backup with RA_GNM before attempting to flash warm twopointtwo in case it doesnt work,so youll have something to restore to get back to a working phone.

if you want to try installing warm twopointtwo with an older clockwork,there are some basic instructions here: http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/295122-any-reson-upgrade-cwm-2-5-1-2-a.html in post #9

i thot you were trying to install warm Z twopointtwo (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=901822) wich lists 2 download versions. again,sorry for the confusion.

Upvote 0
no problem. thx again for the help but one more question. it just flashed cm7 and when I rreboot the phone after install I am stuck in a loop with a blue android and the words cyanogen mod 7. what should I do.

how long did you give it? the first boot takes a long time.

make sure youre doing full wipes(data and cache) and try flashing it again.

Upvote 0
I am have issue flashing warms twopointtwo rom to my Dinc. I get an error message saying:

Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by google in android 1.5
it was necessary to remove it when upgradeing to the clockworkMod 3.0 gingerbread based recovery.
Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update- binary) to create working update zip package.

Now I have heard of the binary before for computers, but how can I update the script/binary so I can flash the rom

If you read on the page where you download, you have to download the META zip file and replace it in the rom download.

I think the META file download is listed in the nightlies page.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones