1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

flash?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Michaelvg1, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Michaelvg1

Michaelvg1 Member

So I notice flash does not work on this phone. Am I missing something? Seems odd that the big "f" appears on Such an advanced phone.

2. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Android Enthusiast

Flash works.

3. durandetto

durandetto Android Enthusiast

It's Flash Lite, so i'm sure it won't support everything.

4. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Android Enthusiast

And to add to that it only works on the included browser AFAIK.

5. Michaelvg1

Michaelvg1 Member

Ok so what am I doing wrong? A big f appears for flash content and I am using the stock browser

6. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Android Expert

on all flash pages? or just some? Give us some examples of what sites it doesn't work on, and we can see if it's just your phone

7. shawheim_a

shawheim_a Android Enthusiast

i get the f alot too.

8. poor_red_neck

poor_red_neck Newbie

Flash Lite can only handle animations, and simple Action script (formally VB Script (the programming script used in Adobe flash))

Don't expect for games to work. If it is a streaming FLV, or a flash media streamer streaming a native filetype (mp3, mpg, mpg4 etc) then it will open the flash PLAYER (IE: Youtube)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Flash_Lite

I believe WebKit 3.1 is using Flash Lite 3...

The PC version of Adobe Flash is already on v10. So we're two whole versions below...

If Flash Lite supported Flash 10 elements, we could do pretty much anything. You'd be limited by CPU processing power however.

9. ajuarbe

ajuarbe Newbie

Does having flash lite mean you could stream Sirius Satellite Radio on this phone?

10. Yeah, I tried to access LiveLeak.com from my Hero, but the videos wouldn't play.

11. Visionikz03

Visionikz03 Member

yeh i wish it would support sites like grooveshark and playlist.com but im sure that has more advanced flash content that would prolly put a strain on the good ol qualicomm. oh well cant expect to do everything from a phone.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews