• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashboot and ClockworkMod

benwalburn

Android Enthusiast
Mar 31, 2011
Yes, I am asking another ignorant question. Please do not reply if you are going to get an attitude with me. I am sorry for not knowing.

I have been trying to make a new ClockworkMod recovery, but my phone has been rebooting into Fastboot. This has never happened before and I can't figure out how to run the normal cwm recovery.

I thought I don't have flashboot because I rooted using a one-click-root progam (I didn't realize the negative effects).

Anyways, what should I do about this? And what is Fastboot? (I can't find a good answer. Google has not been good to me lately)

Thank you

Oh, and I did google "fastboot" thanks for catching that. (I'm a bit sleep deprived)

the blue screen? its fastboot http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fastboot I believe your referring to and if your phone already had it using a one click root solution won't erase it.
The easiest way to get ClockWork back is to download ROM Manager from the market and install it from that app, but after you do that you should consider switching to Amonra recovery which you can also install from ROM Manager after first installing clockwork.

Upvote 0
I am on ver 2.2.2 rooted with one click and have rom manger with clockworkmod installed. I was able to make a backup with clockwork, but after that I have not been able to boot into recovery mode. I tried flashing Velocity 1.1 but it just reboots with out flashing the rom. Cant get in to recovery at all. how should I proceed. Thanks

Upvote 0
Here is a how to on flashing RA recovery. http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/330813-all-one-recovery-thread.html

Honestly on your CWM project unless you have experience setting up board.mk and related files and have built android open source quite a few times and are capable of adding a new device from scratch leave recovery making to the pro's. I have a 3+ version of CWM I made while making cm7 on ally if you really need it but most users like the ra version I maintain better.

Reactions: death2all110
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones