• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flashed A90 with A10 frmware now no touchscreen. HELP!

projectxx

Lurker
Nov 12, 2012
Hey all I just did the idiot thing and flashed my ampe a90 with a10 firmware now I can't get my touch screen working. Can someone please help me with this. CWM installed, installed n90 compatability zip but still no response to touch screen. Please some one help. Is my tablet fried???

Revision: Now flashed to cm10 with n90 compatability jb zip and still no touchscreen. Anyone know of how I can fully wipe tablet memory and reflash from empty state? or how I can check if it's hardware malfunction?

Hello and ni hao projectxx welcome to Android Forums. There's two possibilities...

1) That the touch screen has just died. Ampe are not exactly the best tablet maker in the world. :rolleyes:

2) The ROMs have the wrong touch screen driver for this tablet. You'd have to get hold of the original correct software ROM for this device.

I know the website and contact details for Ampe, because they're written on the crappy thing I've got here.

www.szampe.com
Shenzhen Ampere Technology Co., Ltd
Address: B9-3F,Hengfeng Idustrial Zone,Hezhou, Baoan District, Shenzhen, China.
Tel.: 86-755-2732 5228
Fax.:86-755-2769 6867
E-mail: ampere@szampe.com

...good luck.

EDIT

Looks like there's some ROMs and software downloads for the A10 on this page...
http://www.szampe.com/support.asp
...in Chinese. Anything around 100MB-200MB in size and says A10 is probably a ROM.

Upvote 0
I have already flashed latest ROM multiple times and still no response. I've gone into recovery many times and did all the format/erase options given. I've also tried different versions of CWM and did all the format/erase options as well but still no touch. I guess my touchscreen is just dead.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones