1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Flashed cm7 w/ gapps, now no 3g/4g?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ghurm, Aug 31, 2011.

1. ghurm

ghurm Newbie

Long story short, I had accepted the OTA back in July so I have the new 1.39.00.0627 and 0.01.69.0625 radios.. I flashed cm7 to my TB and now i only get wifi or 1x connections.. no 3g/4g.

radio problem? should I install that 704 one I've seen mentioned around here?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ghurm

ghurm Newbie

I just flashed these two radios:

[*]From the 2.07.605.0 RUU: 2nd gingerbread leak
    CDMA: 1.46.00.0704
    md5: a9e6e712b0556d8e702da21788f04da9
    LTE: 0.01.76.0703_2
    md5: 08f21245944acc304723bce27998dc40

no improvement, still only 1x connection.

any ideas?

3. sentinelace

sentinelace Well-Known Member

I have similar issues but I can only get 1 to 2 bars

4. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert

if you get cell signal at all, it should not be a radio issue.
    i would try getting LTE switch from the market, and make sure you are on LTE only (if you are in a strong 4G area) if it doesn't switch, it may be a SIM issue.

if you can't get it working on CM7, i would try a sense ROM and see if that fixes it. if it does fix it, i would re-download CM7 again, wipe data, flash CM7 and see if that fixes it. it could have been a bad download.

if you have 4G on a sense rom, and not on CM7, you may want to try a different kernal...not really sure if that would help at all or not, but it may.

5. ghurm

ghurm Newbie

Ok.. so.. weird but.. after letting my phone rest over night I see now that I have 3g, at least. I'm nit in a 4g area so that remains to be seen. I do have other issues that I'm noticing, though. Biggest issue I have is that calls do not seem to ring through. Business partner tried calling me multiples times this morning and I see them in the missed call log but they never notified me or sounded the ringtone. Same thing when I tried calling myself from multiple other phones. Also, my home button isn't working... I get the haptic feedback for it but it doesn't edit me from the app or anything. I just read a forum post on cyanogen's forum saying that it might have to do with having used titanium backup to restore a system setting that appeared to have been Bluetooth settings.. over there it was recommended to wipe and reflash and not restore that setting.

Any recommendations on how to fix either or both of those without wiping everything?

6. ghurm

ghurm Newbie

And.. let me just say that the no-home-button thing sucks... I can only back out ofmy browser.

7. Romikemi

Romikemi Well-Known Member

Much as I love CM7 on my NC, I wouldn't install a ROM on my phone that can't tolerate system settings restore. Intolerance of a system settings restore means that the ROM interprets the same basic settings data as other ROMs differently than other ROMs do. I don't find that to be the case on all ROMs, and I'm fairly selective, that's why I run a relatively less famous ROM. I don't dedicate my life to re-tweaking my preferences, that's what I have Titanium for.

The situation is different on a Nook running off the SD card, as far as it's concerned it has run CM7 its whole life, there's no other ROM's lost luggage messing anything up. And this is why I can use a Wii Controller with my NC, so it all balances out in the wash.

Now if only an OEM would release a card booted phone... Sandisk and PNY employees could all retire in a month.

8. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

No, you should never restore system settings with titanium. Even when going from sense to sense roms differences within the apps can and will cause issues. You were trying to restore sense settings on an AOSP rom the apps are totally different.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews