1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root flashed cyanogen, how to get apps previously installed to SD card (pre-romflash) to load on boot?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by melbournesurf1, Jan 5, 2012.

1. melbournesurf1

None

Nov 23, 2011
    Alright I rooted my phone successfully and installed ACS rom (version of Cyanomod)..and screwed something up.

All my apps are still on my SD card...however, I am missing market.

Also, the main problem is that I cannot connect to my PC (or mac- I run parallels has usb support) to my evo 4g.

To make matters worse, ClockworkRom won't start because I need a newer version.

Where the hell do I start with this one? I do have a backup copy of my previous system (stock).

Advertisement

2. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    Male
    ET
    SC
    well, you need to flash Gapps, found in our rom and kernel sticky. Might have to put it on your sd card via a card reader sounds like. let me post this and find you the link.

Ah, but you can't get to recovery?

there is a new amon ra style recovery, can use cap buttons and it restores clockwork mod nands too, if you have them.

It is a file you can flash from bootloader, let me know which way you want to go.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/477859-recovery-amon-ra-v3-11-1-3-12-a.html

that is link to thread that has the new recovery and directions to install it.

get it then install gapps.

Latest gapps.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nsr3gr6wkcgn5nd

3. melbournesurf1

None

Nov 23, 2011
    Ok so I flashed to Cyanogen...now the problem is the same- no market, all my apps are still stuck on the SD card and not loading. I have USB support.

How do I get my apps stored on my SD card to load?

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    with aosp roms you need to flash the gapps file in addition to the rom. dusty linked you the gapps file in the previous post. just wipe dalvik cache and cache and flash the gapps file. also like dusty said you might want to switch recoveries to amon ra.

dustwun77 likes this.
  5. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Olathe, KS
    You need to flash gapps first. This will give you market and the option to sign into your Google account. See the above post there is a link there.

How did you get your apps on the SD card? Titanium? You'll need to download titanium and run a restore that way.

dustwun77 and ocnbrze like this.
  6. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    Male
    ET
    SC
    also, there is an app called appsaver that i have used to save the Titanium Backups. The free and the pro key.

that puts them on my sd card in the appsaver folder. after flashing a rom, all I need to do is use astro or es file explorer and navigate to them and I can install them right there without having to dl them again. Then I use them to restore the apps I have backed up with them.

NaterTots and ocnbrze like this.
  7. melbournesurf1

None

Nov 23, 2011

No no no my apps were already INSTALLED ON the SD Card....I just need to have them load when i boot up. Any ideas? SD card is perfectly readable and working.

8. melbournesurf1

None

Nov 23, 2011
    I have all my apps in my stock rom installed to my SD card. How do I get Cyanogen to recognize them on boot so I can use them?

9. ocnbrze

None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    moved merged threads together as this is the same topic.

ok so if you initally moved the apps to the sd card. what you really did was move only parts of it. gingerbread only moves part of the app and leaves the rest on your phone that is why you can't use widgets when you move the apps to the card. so unfortunately there is no way to recover those apps. if you made a nandroid backup you can then go back and then download and use titanium backup to backup your apps. then nandroid restore to cm7 again and then use titanium to restore your apps.

10. melbournesurf1

None

Nov 23, 2011
    I have all my apps in my stock rom installed to my SD card. How do I get Cyanogen to recognize them on boot so I can use them?

11. melbournesurf1

None

Nov 23, 2011
    No no no I didnt move them to the SD card (most of them)- I installed them directly to the SD card.

12. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Aug 30, 2011
    Male
    Graduate Student
    MN
    There isnt a way to get them to install from SD while flashing if thats what your asking.

You'd have to load them yourself into the ROM before you flash

13. ocnbrze

None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    ok i moved your thread again to this one as this is the same topic. please use this thread. no need to create another thread.

thanx

14. melbournesurf1

None

Nov 23, 2011

Can you change the title to "flashed cyanogen, how to get apps/music etc on SD card to load?

Also I did make a restore/recovery point prior to the flash....can I somehow restore the apps etc without reflashing? If I need to reflash/manually load into cyanogen from restore, how do I do this?

15. ocnbrze

None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    well you can edit your post then select advanced and then you can change the title to your own thread if you like. but i will do it after this post for you.

first make a nandroid backup of cm7 right now. next if you made a nandroid backup, then you can just go into recovery and select backup and restore then select restore then find your nandroid backup that you did (it is usually listed by date) and restore it. once restored you can then download from the market titanium backup and i would recommend that you also purchase the pro key which will allow you to do batch restores. once you have titanium backup you can then use the app to backup your apps.

next go back into recovery and do a nandroid backup restore of your cm7 backup and then download titanium backup from the market along with the pro key and do a restore of your apps.

edit:title has now been changed.

16. melbournesurf1

None

Nov 23, 2011
    I don't think you understand the issue:

I have apps that were installed to my SD card when I was running the stock ROM. After rooting and installing Cyanogen, these apps do not show up.

Prior to installing Cyanogen, I made a restore point with everything backed up if I wanted to go back to stock.

I would like cyanogen to load my apps upon boot, as in have them show up in the apps menu. How do I do this? (step by step please.)

17. ocnbrze

None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    ok like i posted previously, what you first did prior to cm7 is move the apps via app2sd. this is a feature that was first introduced by froyo and was improved in gingerbread. but the thing with apps2sd is that it does not move entire app to the sd card. only part of the app is actually moved to the card. the other part is still left on the phone. so what you see on the card is only a part of the app. when you flashed cm7, the part that was on the phone was wiped clean.

so basically you will have to nandroid backup restore back prior to cm7 and use titanium backup to back your apps then nandroid restore back to cm7 and use titanium backup to restore those apps.

so if you move the apps to the sd card by going to setings/apps/manage apps and move app to sd card then what i said above would apply.

the only way to have the apps fully on the card is if you partitioned your card and move the apps via darktremors or you have the .apk file stored on the card.

i hope this makes sense to you. ask away if it does not.

MizzouBrent likes this.
  18. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Olathe, KS
    Apps are installed on internal memory. You can move them to SD as ocn explained above but they will be lost when you wipe.

Now if you're talking about an apk file saved on your SD, that's different. Just use es file explorer or root explorer to install.

ocnbrze likes this.
Tags: