• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashed Firmware to "Stock" - cannot UNLOCK again...??

scudder

Android Expert
May 21, 2010
State of Confusion (FL too)
Hi Everyone...

Got 2 M9...rooted one and flashed ViperONE 3.5.0 ROM fine on the first one but problems on the second. Seems the second "newer" phone that I purchased needed the firmware upgraded to run he Venom ROM. I did that (with some difficulty) and I have 2.6.651.11 indicated in the download mode screen, HOWEVER, I cannot unlock the phone again. Oddly, it is as if the computer is only "partially" communicating with the phone. I can't find any devices when I execute the adb devices command. I tried to flash the token....won't. I try to issue the command to get the indentifier again....won't work.

I can't seem to unlock by flashing my previous Unlock_code.bin file.
I do get some "responses" in terminal such as the following:

unknowne4ce8f04aea2:sdk-tools sc$ ./fastboot-mac flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
target reported max download size of 800000000 bytes
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.005s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
(bootloader) flash unlocktoken
(bootloader) [KillSwitch] : /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/frp

(bootloader) [KillSwitch] Last Byte is 0X00, disable unlock

(bootloader) [KillSwitch] oem unlock Turn Off!

OKAY [ 0.010s]
finished. total time: 1.015s

And here is the screen that I see.....DIFFERENT than when I unlocked my previous phones and my other M9 a couple weeks ago:

J3igPsl.jpg

What you cannot see for some reason in the picture above is that below the red "download..........100%" line it says in white letter on a blue bar "Start downloading." At the bottom of the screen under "SD NOT Mounted" is "Under flash." When I hit the power button nothing happens except successive lines of "Under flash" appear at the bottom of the screen.

And "adb devices" command isn't finding any devices....HOWEVER, I seem to be able to communicate with the phone with various commands. My attempt to obtain my token again doesn't seem to be working:

unknowne4ce8f04aea2:sdk-tools sc$ ./fastboot-mac oem get_identifier_token
(bootloader) [KillSwitch] : /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/frp

(bootloader) [KillSwitch] Last Byte is 0X00, disable unlock

(bootloader) [KillSwitch] oem unlock Turn Off!

OKAY [ 0.055s]
finished. total time: 0.055s
unknowne4ce8f04aea2:sdk-tools sc$

I'm still S-ON and "relocked"....and thoughts??

THANK YOU!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones