• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flashed from Froyo (Stock) to Eclair and stuck

thefreg

Lurker
Jun 15, 2011
Hi,

This is my first time posting on the forum, so please excuse if I'm doing something wrong.

Background:-
I read that Gingerbread was available through Kies for Indian users on the FB page of Galaxy. When I tried to get my Kies to update my FW to Gingerbread, it displayed another version (which did not look like Gingerbread), I tried to update to it, but twice it stopped citing network problems.

I searched and found this site which suggested
1. Downgrade to Eclair DDJG4 (by flashing using Odin)
2. Upgrade to Froyo 2.2 DDJP6 (through Kies)
3. Finally, upgrade to Gingerbread 2.3.3 (through Kies)
This is what was supposed to happen.

I did step 1 without any problem. My SGS is now
PDA : I900 DDJG4
PHONE : I900 DDJG4
CSC : I9000 DDJG4 (XEU)

Problem:-
When I connect my phone to Kies for the second step, Kies reports -
The version of this device cannot be updated

Now, I don't know for sure what my stock firmware was. I do know that a friend of mine and me purchased the SGS at the same time from the same place a few months ago, and we both would have the same FW version

The FW was on his phone is
PDA : I9000XXJPO
PHONE : I9000XXJPP
CSC : I9000XAJPO
Build Info : 2010.10
Firmware Version : 2.2
Build No : FROYO.XXJPO

I think I had upgraded to 2.3 through Kies

Help needed -
a) Can I get to Gingerbread from here and have no problems with future updates through Kies?
b) If not, how to I switch to a stable version of my stock of Froyo 2.3 (and again have no problems with updates through Kies)?

I have downloaded 2 FW RAR files

First RAR file (size 150 MB) has a TAR file with the file name JPO_JPO_U_JPP.tar and SS_DL.dll file - password - samfirmware.com

Second RAR file (size 223 MB) has 3 files
GT-I900-CSC-MULTI-OXAJPO.tar.md5
I9000XXJPO-REV03-PDA-low-CL796621.tar.md5
MODEM_I9000XXJPO.tar.md5
(but don't have the password for this Rar)

Should I flash with this file or should I do something else?

Please help. I have tried to be as descriptive as I can. If there is any information I have missed out, please let me know.

Note:-
I am running KIES 2.0.0.11044_11 and ODIN 1.3.
I have not done anything to root my phone, so I guess it is unrooted.
I am located in United Arab Emirates

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones