• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flashed LG Chocolate VX8575 (Web question)

Memo35

Feb 2, 2012
626 SoCal
First time poster here, great site from what i've read so far.

Wife will be flashing her LG Chocolate model #VX8575 to Metro (from Verizon) on Saturday and i just found out she wont be able to utilize the web and picture texts. Is there a way she can have access to those 2 things after flashing her phone?

i've read that it's possible but havent been able to find out how.

Much appreciate all the information.

You mean. That she wont be able to use data and mms.? Because , in order for those to work you need to be using data. Although there are places where they make it work for you. i have to look into it.

Just wanted to know.is the store going to fully activated it with MEID added.?

Upvote 0
I'm not familiar with MEID. can you clarify what that is?

We're going tomorrow morning to activate my Esteem and have her Chocolate Touch flashed. She's going to get a plan that includes data, if that's what you're asking? I would like for her to be able to access the web and picture texts on her phone. If not, then she'll probably have to buy a new phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones