1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Flashed new rom but..............

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TennisProNB1, Sep 30, 2011.

1. TennisProNB1

TennisProNB1 Member
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    Registered Representative for Mass Mutual
    North Babylon
    OK...so last nite i was up till 230am playing with my phone. and i installed the CoreDroid rom and everything went great with the install, but i have a few issues mabye some of you guys can help me out with it...

1) In the post where you download the rom there were recommended radios to flash to the phone. I downloaded the radio put in on my sdcard and tried to flash it and the install failed in clockworkmod. Did i do something wrong?

2) Second issue...im sure everyone knows here that when you hit the home,menu, back and search buttons on the phone your fingers get a vibration, well after install it did it for a few mins but now it doesnt do it anymore. Is there setting im just not seeing anywhere to fix this...

Other than that the phone is awesome now...fast as S*** now

Thank in Advance

Drew

Advertisement

2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Female
    Masquerading as a responsible adult
    Jersey - born & bred
    I don't know why the radio failed - I haven't tried that yet. Only rom's and kernels.

The haptic feedback is usually in your settings somewhere OR in Spare Parts.

3. dots

dots Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Shelby Township, MI
    Regarding #1, you do not have to flash the recommened radio that said rom "recommends", its optional. The only reason they recommend that radio is because the rom ships with the RIL that radio ships with. You can easily just flash the RIL that your radio uses but again its all optional.

Now the reason the radio didn't flash is because those aren't meant to/made to be flashed in clockwork. They have to be renamed to PD98IMG.zip and placed on the root of the sdcard and flashed via hboot.

See this thread for further info: Inspire Radio Thread [OP Updated July 12, 2011] - xda-developers

Just remeber to take caution when flashing radio's by verifying the md5 sum. Better to be safe than sorry

4. TennisProNB1

TennisProNB1 Member
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    Registered Representative for Mass Mutual
    North Babylon
    Fixed it....the radio didnt flash because the phone wasnt eng s-off...i did the one click s-off found at XDA....i guess the new root process for the phone doesn't eng s-off...just radio s-off

[TOOL] One click ENG S-OFF - xda-developers

did that and tried flashing the radio again...worked like a charm...did the ril and now im in business...

also installed script manager and ran the V6 Supercharged script on the phone and upped the speed a bit and its sooooo F****** quick now....im amazed at what these fones can do.

Andrew

5. dots

dots Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Shelby Township, MI
    You do not have to be eng s-off to flash radios. I flash radios via radio s-off through hboot and the RIL's through CWM. The new (and old versions) of hack kit doesn't give eng s-off as i've been told because it's just not needed for the end user.

Give this post a read if you haven't already: [RADIO][ADV]Inspire Radio how to without ENG S-OFF - xda-developers

You can ignore the radios on there just read the bit of info.