1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Flashed rom then lost radio

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Holysmoke, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Holysmoke

Holysmoke Lurker

I flashed a rom after unlocking bootloader. It worked fine. I then encrypted phone. I then wanted to wipe phone and try a new rom.

It flashed fine but then I lost radio.

I relocked bootloader and flashed factory firmware but still no radio. No talk or data or text only wifi works.

Please help. Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Welcome to Android Forums.

If you tell us where you are located (inside US or outside US) we can move your question to the proper sub-forum where questions about your root-ed device are discussed.

... Thom

3. Davdi

Davdi Android Expert

You did make a Nandroid backup before encrypting the phone.....didn't you?
    Seriously though, before doing anything significant like encrypting, you should always take a Nandroid backup so you can pit the phone back exactly the way it was should anything go wrong.

4. It sounds like maybe you flashed a rom that was meant for a different model phone. Also, why would you relock the boot loader?

5. bfldworker

bfldworker Android Enthusiast

Yeah, I agree with amarc78. You may have flashed a rom meant for an other variant of the moto G. Find one specifically made for the XT1031 and flash it. The only rom out there that wont hose the radio are ones made for it or the official Cyanogenmod 11 and 12. They are made for all versions of the Moto g

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) release date is unknown..Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown.
Release Date
Reviews