• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flashed stock and now no update

Hello,

I have been searching a lot of forums for a few days trying to find the answer to my problem. I think it might be in the .sbf file that was used, but I will explain, and hopefully someone can help me.

I have a Droid x that was originally on 2.2, I upgraded to 2.3 through settings>About Phone>System Updates.
It upgraded perfectly. While I was messing with the phone I decided I wanted to go back to 2.2 to see if it could be done. I searched and searched for the right .sbf file to load on it. I found a few, but non actually loaded. One loaded but the phone would freeze up after about 10 seconds of being at the home screen. That ROM seemed like it wouldn't allow the user to use the hard keys. It was this one:
[VRZ_MB810_2.3.32_1FF_01.sbf]

Then I made my way to recovery and wiped the cache and data. Everything works fine now. However, when I go to do an update back to 2.3 the phone says:
"Your device is up to date!

No update is necessary at
this time."

However, I was upgraded to 2.3 before going back to stock. So, I know there is an update to 2.3 for the Droid X.

Some information to keep in mind:
I am not rooted, and will not root. This is a company phone and needs to be back to stock when finished using it. Which is precisely why I was playing around with the stock load in the first place.

Here are the stats on the About Phone screen:

Wwxc4.png

Please let me know what I can do to fix this issue. Am I using the wrong .sbf file? If I am, could you link me to the right one?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I don't know that this solves the issue, but I got the phone to update to 2.3. I had to load a separate .sbf (DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.602 SBF Released – Droid Life), but it is working just fine now.

For future use (when I need to get back to 2.2) does anybody know of the actual stock version for the Droid X? Maybe a link to one? At the very least I hope I can get the series number (4.5.602, etc...) if you know it.

Many thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones