1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Flashed Stock ROM, Only Get White HTC Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brownsn1, Feb 19, 2011.

1. brownsn1

brownsn1 Lurker

I've tried finding someone else with the same issue, and I can't find anyone who does. So please don't gripe if I'm reposting :)

I backed up the stock rom (HTC sense 2.2) and flashed Cyanogen Mod 7. Whenever I tried flashing back to the stock rom, the flash is successful, but I end up getting stuck during boot on the HTC Incredible white screen. I was wondering what I could possibly be doing wrong. I can flash back to cyan and can flash to other roms, but I still want to flash back to stock (I'm just weird like that.) Is there something wrong with my configuration, the file, or something else? And if so, how can I get back to stock?

I'm running the stock radio and S-On

Side note: I've tried unrooting, but I cannot get the RUU or the PB31IMG.zip method to work. So... I'm pretty much at a loss... :(

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Are you doing a factory reset before trying to flash to the stock rom?

3. brownsn1

brownsn1 Lurker

Haven't tried that. That's through the bootloader, right?

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

It's in clockwork recovery.

5. kidhudi

kidhudi Member

you should revert your CWR back to 2.5.0.5 or anything other then 3 and then try again. it should work. as far as i know 3 is only for gingerbread stuff.
    good luck

6. brownsn1

brownsn1 Lurker

Didn't work :/ but thanks for the suggest! I think it might have something to do with the rom files, but I have no idea how to check that...

7. kidhudi

kidhudi Member

check the md5 hash with an md5 checker to make sure the rom file is clean.