• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flashed Stock ROM with CWM, stuck on Android 'green machine' logo!

Please Help,

I have just flashed my Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade with it's stock ROM *Orange San Francisco Stock B20 ROM* and now it just gets stuck at the Android logo screen.

I can't boot into the OS or CWM no matter how many times I try pressing VOL+ & Power buttons.

Is my phone bricked or is there any way I can repair it? Please help, any info would be really appreciated :)

Edit: before flashing the stock ROM, I was rooted, converted Gen1 to Gen2 and using Swedish Snow RLS7 which is the only ROM I tried.

i've had a similar issue. pretty much identical really. want to put stock rom on it so i can return it, as the in-call speaker has developed a fault

thought i'd bricked it when i couldn't get into clockworkmod, but then i found [Guide] de-bricking a ZTE Blade - ZTE Blade / Libra ROMs & ROM customisation - MoDaCo.

i used method 2, and this let me get back into clockworkmod. from there i restored my backup.

still haven't managed to install a stock rom though. can anyone help me with that?

EDIT - by the way it's volume down when you turn on the phone to get into CWM.

Reactions: Androider86
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply Kieran, I found the exact same guide yesterday just after I'd posted this thread. I had to use step 5 because my phone was literally bricked, but, that guide walked me through... Step by step and I understood all of it. Thanks for taking the time and posting the guide on here!

I thought I'd return the favor and get you a guide here http://www.modaco.com/topic/339048-guide-flashing-firmware-to-bladelibra-via-windows/ on how to flash Stock ROM onto your ZTE Blade (I'm assuming that is the phone you have) and I hope this guide helps you my friend.

Upvote 0
Dear androider86
i seemed to have the same problem as you and i found the guide that you used, and used method 5. i seem to be following ok till the part where the phone boots on FTM mode, but after editing the IMEI (im not sure if im doing it correctly i never used HXD before), the phone is not booting into clockwork mod. since the method worked for you maybe you can help me outh with what i maybe doing wrong :/ thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Does anybody have a link to a copy of an Orange UK stock rom to download? I had a backup on my hard drive but the hard drive failed and the file was lost. I've found plenty of links but thay're all old and I can't find one that works.

Thanks in advance.

Edit.
My phone is a Gen 1 with the TFT screen

Upvote 0
Sorry for the late reply Mick, I have posted a link here >>> [ROM] ZTE Blade Stock ROMs - ZTE Blade / Libra ROMs & ROM customisation - MoDaCo <<< for Orange San Francisco (ZTE Blade) ROMs but you'll have to choose the correct one depending on your phone type.

Also, you can't just flash a stock ROM unless it's the correct one other wise you will have to de-brick your phone using the guide provided and it's a long process if you don't know what you're doing.

Anyways, good luck with these ROMs and I hope it works for you :)

Upvote 0
Sorry for the late reply Mick, I have posted a link here >>> [ROM] ZTE Blade Stock ROMs - ZTE Blade / Libra ROMs & ROM customisation - MoDaCo <<< for Orange San Francisco (ZTE Blade) ROMs but you'll have to choose the correct one depending on your phone type.

Also, you can't just flash a stock ROM unless it's the correct one other wise you will have to de-brick your phone using the guide provided and it's a long process if you don't know what you're doing.

Anyways, good luck with these ROMs and I hope it works for you :)

Thanks for your help.

My digitiser isn't 100% so I've ordered a replacement and have now to decide whether to go back to the stock ROM and try to get Orange to replace an 18 month old phone or replace the digitiser.

I think even though the phone is older than a normal guarantee is valid for, I might try to get them under the Sale of Goods Act as so many people are having problems. It must be a manufacturing problem and they provided the phone on a 24 month contract.

As for the ROM, I feel OK getting it working as I

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones