1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Flashed the wrong Jelly bean

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dragonon51, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Dragonon51

Dragonon51 Lurker
    None

Oct 28, 2011
    I have the samsung S2 with virgin its is suppose to be model sph-d710 but I messed up and ended up flashing the wrong software. The model number is now sch-r760x.
    Android version 4.1.2.. GB28

I did the the download from Samsung's web sight

How do I get it back to the correct model. For the most part it works, it has a few issue, I am unable to send pic text. The volume does not work correctly.

I have tried to use the simple download tool but my phone will not connect to it. Samsung Kies, will not connect and it then tells me to down load kies 3.0 When I tried that it more or less said its not the right device.

Both Samsung and Virgin mobiles tech support is well other then helpful. I hope that someone can point me in the correct direction, in order to get this solved.

Advertisement

2. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda
    None

Nov 10, 2011
    Male
    Student
    Tampa, FL
    Hey I moved your thread to the VM S2 forum so maybe you'll get a better response.

But as a starter, you can check out XDA and download a tool called Odin on your computer.
    Then, on XDA, you can find a stock GB28 firmware for your device that you can install onto your phone using Odin.

3. exgenmeikoj

exgenmeikoj Android Enthusiast
    None

I have done this before bestway you can deal with this is using download mode vol + pwr and use odin to flash the correct firmware which for.you I beileve is gb28 im.using revolt aosp but our models are the same. just keep forcing a new firmware in I used gb27 stock with agats kernel and was able to get my phone back