• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

flashed wrong recovery image file

shubhama4

Lurker
Jun 25, 2013
I accidentally flashed the wrong recovery image on my karbonn a4+ using mobileuncle tools . The phone is stuck in recovery mode and I am unable to make a selection in recovery. How can I flash the correct version of stock recovery. i cant factory reset in my phone. plz give a solution ......
or how to install cwm recovery mode on karbonn a4+ having mt6577 hardware

First off, wlcome to the site :hello:

Now I am not at all familiar with your device or mobileuncle tools, but if you can use adb to look at your /system partition, IIRC, you should be able to find a file called something like "recovery-from-old.p". It will probably have been renamed by the use of mobileuncle.

Rename it by using a "mv" command in adb to the file I named above and that _might_ get you going.

good luck

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
With your phone stuck in recovery, no. In fact, I doubt you can even charge your batttery while it's in recovery.

If you do choose to use adb the commands would be something like:

Code:
adb shell
adb -ls /system (then look for a file named similar to above)
abd mv /system/(file) /system/recovery-from-old.p
reboot

Wish I could be of more help. There a few guides around on how to set up adb the easy way, now is one time I wish I hadn't put my server to rest.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones