• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashimage GUI for Clockwork

http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html
the instructions for CWM recovery say to just install the app and then select the file.... can this work for the triumph? :thinking:

Maybe, the app just makes it easier to run the 'flash_image' binary with a recovery image (handling the partition remounts & premissions). But installing a custom recovery on the MT is already pretty simple, just boot into download mode, rename original .img on phone's MOBILE drive, put new image on it, pull out battery to reboot.

http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...stalling-cwm-custom-rom-motorola-triumph.html

Reactions: rvarn1
Upvote 0
Maybe, the app just makes it easier to run the 'flash_image' binary with a recovery image (handling the partition remounts & premissions). But installing a custom recovery on the MT is already pretty simple, just boot into download mode, rename original .img on phone's MOBILE drive, put new image on it, pull out battery to reboot.

http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...stalling-cwm-custom-rom-motorola-triumph.html

Thanks... yeah, the standard method is very easy, I've done it 4 times in a row. :) however, how easy is it to install one app and never connect to a computer? that's the only thing... so it is possible that it would work??
regards! :)

Upvote 0
Thanks... yeah, the standard method is very easy, I've done it 4 times in a row. :) however, how easy is it to install one app and never connect to a computer? that's the only thing... so it is possible that it would work??
regards! :)

Well the only hiccup I can imagine is that the app doesn't recognize how the recovery image is stored on the MT if it's different than other phones it was designed for. Maybe you could try it and let us know :) it's easy to replace the image in case it doesn't work (with a computer mount).

Upvote 0
I was actually planning on looking into something similar to this sometime soon, because I am having issues connecting my phone to a computer when it is in download mode.

Edit: Looking at this closer, I guess I was thinking more along the lines of finding out if you could flash a different recovery.img using the CWM. I had issues with this when working on a modified recovery for someone, so being able to do this would be nice.

Upvote 0
I was actually planning on looking into something similar to this sometime soon, because I am having issues connecting my phone to a computer when it is in download mode.

Edit: Looking at this closer, I guess I was thinking more along the lines of finding out if you could flash a different recovery.img using the CWM. I had issues with this when working on a modified recovery for someone, so being able to do this would be nice.
I tried it and it didn't work. the app said it was incompatible with my phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones