1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Flashing Android 5.0 factory image "missing system.img" error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Joe, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Joe

Joe  
    VIP Member Thread Starter

A lot of people are running into a "missing system.img" error when trying to flash the Android 5.0 factory image. After struggling with it for over an hour I found a solution.

All you have to do is flash the .img files manually.

When you extract the factory image you'll have a .zip file. Unzip that and you'll see all the .img files. Move the radio and bootloader .img files into the same place you just extracted the zip. Now it's just a matter of running commands.

fastboot flash bootloader <bootloader file name here>.img

fastboot flash radio <radio file name here>.img

fastboot reboot-bootloader

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot flash boot boot.img

fastboot flash system system.img (this one will take the longest)

To perform a full wipe do this:​

fastboot flash cache cache.img

fastboot flash userdata userdata.img​

That's it. Reboot your phone

fastboot reboot​

Has anyone else ran into this error?

Rxpert83 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I've always flashed manually. Didn't have any issues once I ensured a good download

3. scythefwd

scythefwd Well-Known Member

I had a few missing sig files, but all the img files were present. Then again, I was lazy and just did a flash-all.bat ...

4. BynoUK

BynoUK Android Enthusiast

I had a brief moment where I'd wiped the phone completely and couldn't flash the image, turned out in the end the flash-all.bat was for the N10 image I'd flashed previously lol!!

5. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

Whew! And here I thought I was the only one who tried to flash the N5 image onto my N5 (after downloading both), and trying about 5 times before realizing what I had done wrong!!

And then, the flash-all for the N5 failed making me check (what I was flashing) over and over again before trying to flash the individual files. Sheeeeeesh!

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews