1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Flashing Ascend from Cricket to anyone BUT Cricket

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AprilTara, Sep 27, 2011.

1. AprilTara

AprilTara Lurker
    None

Nov 17, 2010
    I am completely done with Cricket and refuse to do business with them, so now I'm wondering... can I flash my Ascend over to another no-contract provider until I have the money to get a new phone? I'd prefer Virgin Mobile but Boost or Smart Talk are possibilities. I don't think we have Metro around here.

And how hard is it for someone who is fairly tech-savvy? I know bricking it is the worst that can happen which is no big deal since I only need to do this temporarily anyway.

Advertisement

2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Making you wonder?
    Lone Star State

doing this will require a purchase software, and also your esn will have to be in there system before using the carrier once you flash it over.

Code division multiple access (CDMA) mobile carriers include Sprint PCS, Verizon and Cricket Wireless. When you switch a mobile phone associated with one of these carriers to another CDMA carrier, it's called flashing the phone. Flashing the phone involves removing the current programming and installing the programming for the new CDMA network using specialized software.

Scur and Kuzco like this.