1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Flashing Assistance

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SimplexCoda, Jan 31, 2011.

1. SimplexCoda

SimplexCoda Lurker
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Ok. So, I am trying to flash Liquid Sense 2.1 to my hero. I go to boot into recovery mode to go to wipe and then flash. But when i have the phone off, hold home, press and release power. It acts like it will boot into recovery. But after showing the HTC logo all I get is an icon that has a white triangle with a red exclamation point in it and a phone laying next to it. What is wrong here and is there a way to flash this rom from my macbook via the terminal or anything like that? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    Try this, Phone off, then hold the volume down and end button at the same time, then once prompted hit the home button, then you should be into recovery, providing your rooted properly and that you flashed a recovery image

3. SimplexCoda

SimplexCoda Lurker
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Thanks for the help. I tried that method and got the same screen. So this tells me there is probably something wrong with my root. Now I know for certain that I was rooted, but when trying to fix the market bug (stuck on starting download) sprint had me do 3 different restore methods. I didn't think that it had removed the root since SU was still shown in my app list. Im guessing that is the problem. So now since I cant download anything from the market I will be looking into rooting from my macbook terminal. Thanks again. Also is there any particular recovery image you would suggest. I know that my ROM will be Liquid Sense 2.1.

4. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Android Expert
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Honolulu
    Coda - Sounds like you Don't have a recovery Image.

Did you download Rom Manager ?
    Did you Flash Clockwork recovery from within Rom Manager ?

5. SimplexCoda

SimplexCoda Lurker
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    No i didnt download rom manager, and now I cant download anything cause i have the market bug where it says starting download forever. Which is why im trying to flash the phone. But I found on xda how to root and flash a recovery image from terminal, but the problem is when i get ready to push a file over to the phone i get a bash that says adb . command not found.

6. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    Well you can download the APK for RM to your PC and transfer it to your phone once mounted to your PC, and then install the RM that way http://www.apniapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/rommanager.zip

Or you can flash the recovery via Terminal Emulator if need be

Tags: