1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Flashing back to stock & unrooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Carimerr, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Carimerr

Carimerr Newbie

Sonn I'm going to be selling my Droid on Craigslist, so I don't want to have CM6 on there anymore or have it rooted. How can I flash back to stock, and then remove Cyanogen? Do I need to find the update.zip for Froyo?

Advertisement

2. ska.t73

ska.t73 Android Expert

There are stock rooted and un-rooted ROMs in ROM Manager, those will get you back to stock. Since you want to be un-rooted go with the un-rooted option and you should be golden. :)

3. Carimerr

Carimerr Newbie

Alright I'll give it a shot. Will it still receive OTA updates after that though?

4. ska.t73

ska.t73 Android Expert

Once you un-root you should receive the OTAs

5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

You may also want to consider www.swappa.com where rooted Droids with custom ROMs are fetching a pretty competitive price. A lot of people would like a rooted phone but are not confident enough to do it themselves... or (like me) are in the market for more Droids wherein the "dirty" work has already been done and it's ready to ROM. :)

6. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

Also, I have heard time and time again that the unrooted roms in rom manager still leave a trace of root in the system, i.e. you will still have Superuser in the app drawer, but it will not function.