• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root flashing cm7 question

So I was at the cm7 instructions and it said u need to use cwm 3 to flash it . Is this correct or can I flash it the same way I flash the mikg roms

no you dont....you can use Amon ra.....just do it the same way as you do any other rom you've flashed....i love CM7....but i just flashed Mikg 2.5 cuz i found a bada** theme for it...

Reactions: mikem0269
Upvote 0
Link or screen shot please

[Theme] 09/01/11 TW671 Blue Glass (V2.5.3) for Mik 2.5 or <

by far one of the best themes i've seen for any rom....the only thing is you have to install the theme on a fresh flash of the mikg 2.5 rom otherwise some of the things in the theme wont show up....i might stay on this one for awhile cuz i really like the transparent blue glass....

heres another theme and some mods for mikg 2.5

http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?6954-THEME-Wired-MikG-v2.5-rev3.7-8-30-11

Upvote 0
[Theme] 09/01/11 TW671 Blue Glass (V2.5.3) for Mik 2.5 or <

by far one of the best themes i've seen for any rom....the only thing is you have to install the theme on a fresh flash of the mikg 2.5 rom otherwise some of the things in the theme wont show up....i might stay on this one for awhile cuz i really like the transparent blue glass....
That is awsome I just dont like the fact that I would have to resetup my phone. I would assume that would be additonal drain on the battery for the display or no. It is killer tho.

Upvote 0
That is awsome I just dont like the fact that I would have to resetup my phone. I would assume that would be additonal drain on the battery for the display or no. It is killer tho.

That is an awesome theme, but I too don't want to have to re-set everything back up on the ROM. I'm running MikG2.5, can I just wipe cache and dalvik cache and then install the theme?

Upvote 0

yah i didnt wanna reset it all either but to me it was worth it lol...all the transparent stuff with blue is sweet..especially if you have some kind of a black background on it....i just got it on a lil bit ago so i dont know how much of a drain it will be...and plus my battery is only at like 40% right now so i'll know more when i charge it up to 100% and see....

heres a couple screenshots from mine now...

snap20110904214350.png

snap20110904214358.png

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

That is an awesome theme, but I too don't want to have to re-set everything back up on the ROM. I'm running MikG2.5, can I just wipe cache and dalvik cache and then install the theme?

with themes you do not have to wipe data. just make a nandroid backup and only wipe dalvik cache and cache and flash the theme.

Reactions: DaRayvn
Upvote 0

you can try it but i dont think it will work....i mean it will work but some things will probly be missing from the theme....i had a Mikg2.5 backup saved on my computer so i did a nandroid restore and then wiped cache and dalvik cache, then flashed it but my battery icon wasnt the one from the theme...and on the link he says he recommends doing it on a fresh install and everything will be in the theme....so i had to do that and it worked perfectly...

Upvote 0
yah i didnt wanna reset it all either but to me it was worth it lol...all the transparent stuff with blue is sweet..especially if you have some kind of a black background on it....i just got it on a lil bit ago so i dont know how much of a drain it will be...and plus my battery is only at like 40% right now so i'll know more when i charge it up to 100% and see....

heres a couple screenshots from mine now...

snap20110904214350.png

snap20110904214358.png
OK STOP IT RIGHT NOW....LOL I had my self all set to try my first non sence rom and now you have me wanting this Hmmmm i wonder if the blue could be changew to a red.. I just need 2nd evo,

Upvote 0
OK STOP IT RIGHT NOW....LOL I had my self all set to try my first non sence rom and now you have me wanting this Hmmmm i wonder if the blue could be changew to a red.. I just need 2nd evo,

LMFAO...you can try your first AOSP rom....this theme will still be there waiting when you come back...hahaha

you know there are CM7 themes on the android market that can change the colors to Orange, Red, Blue, Green...gimme a second and ill see if i can find mine show ya...i think i had the orange theme on....

Here is CM7 with an Orange Theme....

1315102204789.jpg

and here is the dev that i got them from...

https://market.android.com/developer?pub=UpwardSpiral

Upvote 0
Do i need to reboot after flashing cm7 then flash gapps or can i flash gapps before i reboot.

reboot, then flash gapps...but if your planning on flashing a kernel i found it easier to flash the rom, then the kernel, then let it load up and set up your wifi and leave wifi on.....then go back and flash your gapps zip cuz when you reboot its gonna bring you straight to the google setup screen and it goes so much faster using the wifi signal

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones