1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Flashing flickering screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CarloM, Sep 23, 2019.

1. CarloM

CarloM Lurker

When I use fingerprint to verify my online banking it flickers and Flashes but the background of the banking is white so not sure if that makes it worse. When I don't use the fingerprint and log in using numbers it doesn't flash flicker.

Full disclosure I did drop my phone last week but it's happened since got it. How do I know if this is normal. It only is on my banking app it does it when I'm using fingerprint

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

wipe cache for your banking app

3. CarloM

CarloM Lurker

That made it worse to be honest

Is there any way of knowing if there's a fault or just not use the fingerprint for that app and log in old fashioned?

4. ocnbrze

hmmm maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. not sure on logs and how to find out what is going on. if it is the only app that is doing that and the fingerprint sensor works over all, then it must be the app. i don't think it is hardware. otherwise you would have issues anytime it asks for your fingerprint.

5. CarloM

CarloM Lurker

Thanks. I have anther app that has a white background that needs fingerprint but that's fine so I'm guessing it's probably the app as you say

6. CarloM

CarloM Lurker

Thanks. I have anther app that has a white background that needs fingerprint but that's fine so I'm guessing it's probably the app as you say

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. CarloM

CarloM Lurker

Would a factory reset do any good

8. ocnbrze

that's the last resort. try and uninstall the app first.

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus release date was March 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 8/12GB RAM, Exynos 9820 processor, and 4100mAh battery.

March 2019
Release Date
Reviews